Wednesdays @ 6:15 p.m..
Leap of Faith: In Body, Mind, and Spirit
In 2010, my health had hit rock bottom. I took a giant leap of faith and created the following mantra for myself: Health and wholeness in Body, Mind, and Spirit. I did not have a plan, just these words. But I knew I needed to change my course, and with God’s help I have and continue to repeat these words to myself. My path has led in many directions but 284 pounds lighter today is mind blowing to me. I am not an expert in health and wholeness, but I am on the journey and am inviting others to journey with me using some guidelines. There are a few things I have learned along the way:
1. God is with me always.
2. There is no magic pill, diet, or surgery – it all takes hard work. Good nutrition takes effort.
3. I must move my body intentionally 30 minutes a day.
4. I need to have a healthy plan for my career and finances too.
5. I must surround myself with people that will help me reach my goals.
6. Growing my skills and knowledge is a life time journey.
7. I am worthy of the time and effort to have a healthy life style.
I am going to start an accountability group open to anyone. I dream of a place where people will come, find God, support, and fellowship as they authentically seek health and wholeness for their lives. I want to give back and help others. I am 19 pounds from my goal weight, but I also know that I will always battle addition issues around food, and I am not alone. If you are taking your own Leap of Faith and want an accountability group to help you along the way, come on Wednesday nights at 6:15 pm. We will meet for 1/2 hour in my office. If this time does not work for you or you have questions, please contact me.